MTC is serving in the New York Utica mission from June 2010 to June 2012. We hope to keep you updated with his latest letters, pictures and more.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

On cloud 9 all the time

Michael and Elder Williams at Ann's Baptism

Pres. Bulloch plays some ping pong with the boys

 
Dear Everyone,

Happy Memorial Day!  It's so great to hear from you!  Things are great!  We had a ward picnic/bbq at a park for the Holiday, such a success!  At least 50% of the people there were nonmembers! There
were 11 nonmembers there who we know and invited!  We had an awesome game of softball, Ann's son (and his whole family) came and he was on our team.  We dominated, haha.  Such a fun activity.  Not to mention last week we pulled out a ping pong table at the mission home and played ping pong!  We got President Bulloch in on it, and he can play!  I'll attach a picture. So sweet.  Happy Birthday, Drue!!  You rock. Congrats to Ste for the back to back championship titles in baseball! Way to go.  I have yet to get Mom's letter (post office closed today) so, sorry I won't be responding to anything in there.  How cool Paige saw the Bulloch's at Panera!  Ha, they told me about it too.  I met their daughters who came up - they're great.  One lives in Scottsdale, the other in Gilbert.

Things are great.  I'm on cloud 9 all the time, it seems.  This past week has been incredible.  Well, actually I've been sick most of the week with a tedious cold and accompanying headache but it didn't slow us down too much.  I still went on exchange to Albany for my last tour there.  I love that place so much.  I was able to see a woman I was teaching when I got transferred from there; she and her two sons have since been baptized.  They're doing very well.  It was so fun to see them at this point now.  Also, I saw Namukolo.  Things are going great for her.  She's planning on going to the temple on the 16 of June for baptisms for the dead for the first time.  Sweet.  Return and Report this past Friday went very well.  Ann's baptism was great.  The service was well attended and it carried a great spirit.  She's so happy.  And the confirmation yesterday was great, too.  Her son and his family came to both the baptism and church yesterday (and, like I mentioned, the bbq today)!  We have high hopes to begin teaching them soon!  Ann is single and her grandson lives with her.

Tomorrow is the big day, to go to Palmyra!  Tonight we (my MTC group) stay in the mission home and then travel there early in the morning!  I am stoked.  First we'll go to the temple then other sites afterward.  In fact, because this is the last time the Bulloch's are going before they go home, the temple president and his wife invited us all over for dinner at their home tomorrow night!  I'm looking forward to that, too. Anyway, things are amazing and I'm so happy.

Thanks for all that you do, I love you.

Love,
Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment