MTC is serving in the New York Utica mission from June 2010 to June 2012. We hope to keep you updated with his latest letters, pictures and more.

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I'm lovin' it

Michael with Lois shortly before her baptism

Dear all,

Hey there. It's great to hear from you. Things here are as good as ever, I'm lovin' it. Congrats to the Lewis family on the news of having a Boy! I was totally not thinking they were going to have a boy, but that's alright. The homecoming talk on the 17 is fine, no problems. What is my 'topic'? (so I can relate my stories to a principle ;) haha, dad).  I will be going through Ithaca probably around 3ish on the 16th; as much as I love you guys, the Lewis fam, I think I'll prefer going without organizing a get together this one last time. I feel the last was pretty sweet :). I'll see you soon. Calling home at 4:30 AZ time shouldn't be too much of a problem. Look forward to it. The summer plans sound great. I would love to spend some time in SLC and at Lake Powell. I've asked several times already, but what info have you gathered on working at the mtc; or more specifically when I should apply this summer and what, perhaps, that whole process entails.  Hope all is well with Papa and Nana; hope Papa's foot feels better. I look forward to spending time with you soon. Good to hear from the Jennings! Abbie looks great.

This week was great. It was definitely the most 'low key' week of this transfer. Meaning, from here on out there are a lot of exciting things I'm looking forward to in the coming weeks! I must say that going to Rome had to be the highlight of this past week. It sounds like you already caught word that while I was there I was able to visit and teach Lois. We had a very good, scriptural based lesson with her on prayer and praying aloud/together. She's such a sweet heart and she looved meeting Mom. If you would please email her the picture of you all at the Easter pageant she would appreciate that; also you can attach the pictures I'm sending today. Work is going great in Utica. Ann is doing so good! She is right on track to be baptized on May 26. She couldn't be more excited I don't think. We taught her about tithing last night and she is actually excited to do so once she's baptized! Ha. Martin came to church yesterday as well as others we are teaching. Church was very powerful; the testimonies centered around mothers and families. And, not to mention, the sweet potluck lunch that followed. Elder Williams and I are traveling to Albany later this afternoon to then do a training with the district leaders in that zone. Then, tomorrow is the Albany zone conference. The focus is Obtaining the blessings and guidance of the Spirit. I'm very excited for it. Then Wednesday and Thursday are the Utica and Syracuse zone conferences, respectively. Saturday we are doing more trainings with district leaders in other zones in the mission. Undoubtedly it's going to be a very eventful week.

I love you all so much. Thanks so much for all you do for me. I look forward to talking with the Mesa crew on Sunday and seeing the rest of yous (New York term) in the near future.

Love,
Elder Christensen


No comments:

Post a Comment