MTC is serving in the New York Utica mission from June 2010 to June 2012. We hope to keep you updated with his latest letters, pictures and more.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Spiritually Blasted

Dear everyone,

It's great to hear from you all and again congrats to the Jennings family, how great Abbie is. I love family; I find the irony so interesting that it's when I've been away from family that I feel close to them and appreciate them even more. One principle I have undoubtedly learned in the mission field is the importance to find joy in what you're doing or to appreciate what you have while you have it. I'm happy that the bachelors in AZ aren't roughing it too badly without Mom home; and not to mention Ben being home without Paige. Ha, I don't miss doing 17 page reports for school, hope it went well, Ste. Nana is getting around, too, it sounds like which is great. I love you all so much.

This week has been amazing, I don't know where to begin. I'm soo excited to be serving here in Utica my last transfer! I absolutely love the people here in the ward, I love the people we are teaching, I enjoy the responsibilities I have as an Assistant, and I'm excited to be with E Williams for a 2nd transfer (this will be only the 2nd time on my mission I will be with the same companion for 2 consecutive transfers! Elder Potter is the only other one). Planning the transfer was very exciting and enjoyable, seeing the Spirit work as we council and make decisions is so cool. On Tuesday I worked with a missionary whose companion was on the Palmyra trip (and E Williams likewise, working with another missionary) in Utica. Between both companionships that day we taught 10 lessons! What a blessing to our area. Anne, our investigator with a baptismal date, is still right on track! She came to church again yesterday and loved it. Then last night we went over and taught her the word of wisdom and she decided to obey right then and there. Very exciting,  Other amazing things happened this week. Saturday night I felt prompted to call Martin (the Mexican man we taught before, ate with on Easter, etc). I found out later from him that the timing was perfect. He had had some events take place this past week which left him feeling pretty low; but upon calling him he quickly realized his need to trust in God and rely on Him. He came to church yesterday and loved it! We then taught him that afternoon, then a recent convert took him to a single adults dinner and activity. I think he was Spiritually blasted yesterday. What a great man and I'm so happy and excited to be teaching him again. President and Sister Bulloch are having Gail over for dinner tonight, I'm very excited to see how it pans out! This week is going to be another great one, too. Tomorrow we pick up the new missionaries from the airport and are with them. Wednesday is transfer day and Friday is Zone Leader Council.

I hope you all are doing extremely well and again know of my love for you.

Love,
Elder Christensen


No comments:

Post a Comment