MTC is serving in the New York Utica mission from June 2010 to June 2012. We hope to keep you updated with his latest letters, pictures and more.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Great hopes for things in Utica

Dear everyone,

Hello there! I hope you all are doing well; it's great to hear from all of you. I cannot believe March is here. I love now that the sun is up in the mornings when we run. Those pictures of Ste at the Suns game are sweet. How did he get that opportunity to be the High 5 kid? Steve Nash's hair is short? ha. How sweet that Jordan Gerard is coming home this week! I remember when I
saw him walking out of the Provo temple during his stay at the MTC - and that I had my mission call already. How cool, it'll be great to see him again. I failed to mention a week or so ago who the new mission president is going to be after the Bulloch's. I suppose that's easy to do when I know I won't be serving under the new mission president, but it's exciting nonetheless. The new mission president, arriving July 1, is Joseph B. Wirthlin Jr! Son of the apostle. How cool is that! I definitely only feel blessed, though, to be serving under the Bulloch's. In the next package that is sent, it would be great to get some new socks & stamps. Thanks. Today we began planning the upcoming transfer with President Bulloch. This process is so neat to be a part of. I did get Annie's wedding invitation in the mail. How exciting for her and the family. I hope the trip to Utah with everyone is awesome.

This week has been great. I was in the area the whole time! Elder McCleve and I were able to teach a lot and get a lot of things done. Unfortunately, though, we have had a set back with Gail. She is going to explore some other things at this time; the good news is that the door is not entirely closed. She is at least going to continue reading the Book of Mormon and come to General Conference. (Can you believe it's almost already here again?) Yesterday was a great day at church. Our African investigator, Princess, came to church and had a great time. Also, the majority of the testimonies shared were by recent converts and recently reactivated members who we or previous missionaries have been working with. There are a lot of really good relationships we have built with the members, particularly less-actives, in the ward which is really helping the work progress. Return and Report on Friday was fun. It was cool to see how excited the MTC group was to be reunited again after being out in the field about a month. The upcoming week will be similar to this past one other than planning the next transfer with President. Elder McCleve is going to Palmyra tomorrow and I'll be working here with another missionary from a different area. We have a lot of good appointments planned all week, too. I have great hopes for the things going on here in Utica.

I appreciate so much all that you do for me. Your love and concern is felt from wherever you may be.

Love,
Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment