MTC is serving in the New York Utica mission from June 2010 to June 2012. We hope to keep you updated with his latest letters, pictures and more.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Amazing Africans

Hello!

How's it going? It's great to hear from you all. The sun is out and shining brightly here in Utica. I'm very grateful for the awesome weather. Elder Williams and I are looking to sneak in a little tennis today or something fun outside like that. That's great all of the festivities in Utah went well. Sounds like it was a great time. I hope Nana continues to be in good spirits and endures this little ailment well. I'm curious what Elder Bowles was quoted on in the Mormon Times or that show? How cool. Did Dad golf with Elder Zwick, is that why he 'wants me to meet in his office'? haha. I got a great letter from Elder Miller this week from the Y; we'd like to room together in the fall, possibly in Alpine Village. He asked for a way to contact Mom about it so I gave him your number. You can send the information about the majors and stuff - I'm curious as to what to take. I believe I did take PDbio 120, though, Fall semester as a freshman?? Maybe it was a different pdbio class but I'd check that out before signing up for it. Happy to hear from Justin Stevens and his family. I have been to the Hill Cumorah, Brayden, and I'll get to go again in May before I come home from my mission. Logan, the best way to prepare to serve a mission is to become personally converted yourself; and once you're out here all you need to do is give it your best.
This week has been great. Whenever there is a departing group of missionaries, especially when one of those leaving was my companion, the reality of going home becomes more real. It's been great with Elder Williams so far though. Monday Elder McCleve and I had an amazing experience. We had an appointment with Princess, our Liberian investigator. While there, her mother joined us as well as 4 friends who came over! It was so amazing, all of these people just kept coming in and being interested and having great spirits about them. Princess and one of the other nonmember friends came to church yesterday all dressed up in awesome African clothes. It was great. We've been doing a lot of preparing for trainings this week, too. We prepared one for ZLC that was on Friday and then this weekend we've put together the training that we will be going around to the District Meetings giving. We're going to be down in the Owego zone/stake tomorrow and Wednesday. Ha, we'll see if we find ourselves in the drive thru at Panera in Ithaca...haha just kidding ;).
Things are going very well with the work and personally. I'm happy and enjoying the time that I have to serve. I love you all so much and appreciate everything you do.

Love,
Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment