MTC is serving in the New York Utica mission from June 2010 to June 2012. We hope to keep you updated with his latest letters, pictures and more.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A surprise visit

Michael driving through Panera Bread with Paige at the window
Michael visiting Paige & Ben's apartment for dinner
Paige & Michael saying goodbye

Hello,

How's it going? It's great to hear from you all. I love you all very much. This week has been a good one. I don't have any idea where I will work in the summer that would hire me for the short time I'm there. Any suggestions? I'm planning on applying at the MTC early, soon after I get home to hopefully beat the rush to work there. Thanks to the HV ward for the sweet letter/notes. I loved hearing from Brother Jones, hope he and his family are doing well. Logan Stevens, missionary work has been really good; it definitely is work though. Brayden Stevens,
we are still teaching Princess and she is doing very well. Camille Stevens, I don't have a favorite meal but I do know my least favorite thing served to me out here is this nasty homemade seaweed salad - tasted like the ocean. ha, I don't recommend trying to recreate that. I'll email Lois' baptismal picture(s) next week. I don't have the right memory card with me.

It was great seeing Paige and Ben. I'm impressed how it all worked out; it was quite spontaneous. How cool. So as you probably know we were down around Ithaca in the beginning of this week. District Meetings went well and E. Williams and I are looking forward to the
week ahead. It's going to be cray-zee. Tomorrow we are doing an exchange with the Auburn elders; I'm staying here in Utica to work and we have 6 appointments scheduled. Then Wednesday we are training at 2 District Meetings in the Syracuse zone and traveling up North to
Potsdam. Thursday will consist of trainings and travel and Friday we will be working with the Potsdam Elders. And of course this weekend is General Conference, how sweet! I'm so excited. I didn't really get it, before, just how significant and amazing an opportunity it is to listen to modern day prophets speak. Saturday night this past week we had a really great experience. E Williams and I felt like stopping by an active Sister's home, so we did so. The Sister wasn't home but her nonmember sister and nephew were! They invited us right in and we taught them about the restoration and modern-day prophets. It was a very spirit-filled lesson and visit and we have appointments scheduled to return and teach more with their member sister to be there! She,
the member, is extremely excited and so are we. They are a very nice family. I just had to get my temple recommend renewed this morning, I couldn't believe that it's been 2 years!
Things are going great here in Utica and I'm enjoying the work more and more. Thanks for all that you do, I love you.

Love,
Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment