MTC is serving in the New York Utica mission from June 2010 to June 2012. We hope to keep you updated with his latest letters, pictures and more.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Elder Christensen is given permission to hug a girl

Paige & Michael
Paige, President Bulloch & Michael
Dear Everyone,

Hello there. Another week has flown by, it's great to hear from all of you! It certainly has been an eventful week - the highlight undoubtedly was being with Paige! More on that later. Things seem to be going well and it always makes me so happy to hear from you all. Thanks for doing so well at being in contact, you rock. I will take care of my new contacts out here; that sounds like it will be the best thing. I hope Nana gets familiar with the workings of the laptop, ha! It's great to hear from you. I bought an inexpensive suit at H&M (75$) that will serve its purpose just great.

This week has been great. We were all over the place but it was very enjoyable! Zone Conference in Elmira...how cool. During the first part of Zone Conference I passed a note to Sister Bulloch informing her that Paige was going to be there for the lunch. She got all excited and was eager to see if they were there yet and things (at that point they weren't). She was very happy about it, ha. I kind of figured that Paige was listening in during the training; I didn't know for sure but I supposed she could pull off something like that. I don't know how much she heard, though. Ha, Elder McCleve and I feel like that was the best training we gave of the 5 that we did. So then after we had a prayer on the food (still in the meeting room) President made everyone aware of the situation. Ha, one of the first things he said was something along the lines of: Now you all know I have permission to make exceptions to the missionary handbook (white handbook) and today I'm giving permission to Elder Christensen to hug a girl. Haha, people unaware of what was going on were really confused but then President explained. Then, walking into the gym to eat Paige and I were center stage, everyone watching our first embrace and talking. Haha. It was fun. Do you want to know the weirdest part of the whole ordeal? The weirdest part, to me, is that it wasn't weird at all. It felt like I had just been with her the week before, no joke! I feel it was so bizarre that it wasn't bizarre, ha. I'm very grateful for the opportunity. Later, then, we traveled the long journey from Elmira to Malone. We had a great time up in the north country with the Zone Conference and working with the elders. We were away from home Monday through Friday night. I am baffled, though, at how well the work is progressing in Utica. So many things are coming out of the woodwork, it's amazing. I think 3 or so members brought nonmember friends/family to church yesterday and we received another 2 or 3 calls from members with friends/family who are interested in learning about the Gospel. It's unreal.
Things really are going great! Elder McCleve and I are having a great time together, he's way focused and enjoying being here even though his time is short. Gail is progressing nicely and now we are beginning to teach these others and we'll see how it all pans out! This week we will actually be around the whole time. We are doing an exchange with the Rome elders (Elder Bowles is still there) and it's planned now that I'll stay here in Utica and work with his companion. We have Return and Report this Friday which we will be making preparations for earlier in the week, but it should be a very effective, exciting week.

Thanks for all that you do! I love you all so much and can feel of your love and support for me.

Love,
Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment