MTC is serving in the New York Utica mission from June 2010 to June 2012. We hope to keep you updated with his latest letters, pictures and more.

Monday, July 19, 2010

Wow, I am on my mission!

Why hello everyone!

I love hearing from all of you so much! I don't think you understand how fast the weeks go here! The saying is long days, short weeks. It is absolutely nuts! I got the Nord shirt, thanks, and the boots and sweater which all are good. I haven't got the Pomeroy's shirt yet but it'll probably be there today. I didn't see any of my MTC people at Zone Conference or anything. I think Elder Shurtz is in Syracuse. Thanks Rach for the letter and pictures, I love it! And I'll try and write back but if I can't today I will in the future. I'm glad everything is going so well. And mom the pictures and letter were great. The family picture looks awesome too! Ballin! ha. That's awesome PB went to the pageant! I am so jealous, I can't go. We had some investigators go this weekend! Also a family Elder Miller reactivated is getting endowed and sealed to their 4 little girls on Friday in Palmyra! They said you two can go if you're bored. 11 o'clock Endowment session. haha. They're such a great family! I can't believe it's already July 19. Sorry to those I offend but can I have every one's birthday dates sent to me. (yes, I know primary family but not Ty Ben and Papa and Nana off hand).

But the work has been moving along here in Schoharie Valley! We've been dropping some investigators that we really care about and love which has been sad but we've been blessed with 4 new investigators this week! And 2 families we are very excited about teaching in the near future when they're more available. We had a Zone Leader Blitz on Saturday - ZL's come here and we split up for a day! It was so awesome to learn from these Elders, they were awesome! In fact Paige and Ben met one before briefly he said, Elder Cutler blonde from Utah. Such a joke. But it was great to see how they do things and work with them! Truly! I am very excited for "Return and Report" this Friday where I see my MTC district! It is going to be so cool to see everyone, and how they're doing and perhaps how they've changed! I can't wait! And I can't wait for our baptism this Sunday! It is going to be so cool! Autumn's family is so awesome we're really building an awesome relationship with them!
Nothing too out of the "ordinary" has happened this week other than that though! Elder Miller and I are continuing to put our shoulder to the wheel and having faith we will continue to be blessed and see the fruits of our labors. We are getting along great and it's been a blast. We can't believe transfer calls are already on the 31! We're supposing it's likely we both stay but of course we have no idea. I'm making sure I stay enthused and excited about the work. It is so special teaching people but can get tiresome trying to find people to teach which we have been doing lately. But I know it is right and I need to do it, cheerfully. "Let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power" DC 121. It's so true. I love this work, I truly do. I am gradually getting more and more used to everything. But at the same time I still have those moments where I say to myself and realize - wow I am on my mission. Things are great. Wow. True, Eternal happiness.

Well I love all of you and hope to continue to hear from you all! I love this gospel and message I am so privileged to share! It changes lives. And it is the answer to any problem anyone has anywhere. Wow.

Love Always,

Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment