MTC is serving in the New York Utica mission from June 2010 to June 2012. We hope to keep you updated with his latest letters, pictures and more.

Monday, May 16, 2011

Trust in the Lord

Dear everybody,

Hello there to everyone. It's great to hear from you and as always it's great to hear that you all are doing well. It's been a nice week for me here in New York. The journal arrived this week without any problem! Glad that you enjoyed it (at the pace I'm on I'll complete this journal in about 6 months so I'll need a new one sometime before then) and I'm also glad that it's back here with me. Speaking of mail, we haven't gotten any in the last 2 weeks (other than what has been sent direct to our apartment); not sure what that is all about, but we're working on trying to get it sorted out. So, to all and any, if you've written and it's been a while since I've gotten back to you it is likely your letter has just been caught in the mail but I'll get it and reply shortly. Mailing envelopes (maybe 1, not more than 2) would be nice to have to send the memory cards in. I'll have to go to the post office to weigh them anyway but maybe for the first one seeing the kind of envelope you have in mind wouldn't be a bad idea. When I get that I'll mail the memory card (next week?). Thanks. I can't believe the Ithaca and Orlando crew are going to Philadelphia! That'll be a great time. I haven't had any allergies or anything like that this Spring season, that's too bad for Ben. I'm glad Ste did well in his games and that he and Dad had a good time at Father and Son's. I remember those like it was yesterday. And Ben got scraped playing basketball by E. Shrader, ha. When do they play?? How are Papa and Nana, no word from them this week? Again, great to hear that all is well.
It's been a good, quick week filled with lots of good. Monday we played mini golf - it was really fun. Then, that evening, we met this Mexican woman who I had spoken to on the phone prior (long story) and had a great conversation with her (in Spanish). I was able to sufficiently understand her and say what I wanted/needed. So incredible! We lined her up to come to church because she really wanted to come but the rain (sounds weird) threw it off yesterday. Tuesday was very busy; we made preparations doing reports in the morning followed by several teaching appointments. Sis. Anato, the African investigator, is still doing well. Her understanding is limited but we feel the Spirit there and know it is all going to work out! Wednesday the Assistants came and worked with us. I worked with E. Johnson. It was fun to be working with him again although some of the things we had planned didn't go the way we had thought. We taught Sis. Hou, though, and she was so excited to see him. He was the first missionary she met and who taught her. Hopefully we can help her read the Book of Mormon and reap the blessings in living the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Thursday evening we had a correlation meeting with the Stake Presidency and President Bulloch. It's always way intense but I feel it went well. After, we taught the part-member family again, the Westphal's. He knows the church is true and I know that he'll come around soon. He made the comment (about a week ago) how he wishes there was more room to write in the scriptures for notes and stuff to help him understand (even though he's really intelligent). So, the member whose house we were at said he could easily make a copy for him with a bigger border. Ha, lo and behold, we got it and gave it to him yesterday; it's really cool and no excuses now. Friday I was on exchange in Greenville. Highlight there was a dinner appointment with members. The wife is actually the member who referred Bro. Kerius (the UAlbany guy) to us to teach him. She told me that in talking with him he really enjoyed our time together and felt that I was really sincere, etc. It was really cool to hear an honest opinion from an investigator (even former investigator) how they felt my/our teaching was. Saturday we taught a part-member, less-active family who is sincerely eager to come back. We're way excited about them, the Donovan family. And their 10 year old daughter (who initiated all this) wants to be baptized and she now has a date for June 25! Yesterday was a pretty normal, nice day. Late last night we tracted into an ex-wife of a recent convert (very complicated); point being, it was very inspired and we're eager to follow up with her and see if she'll be receptive to being taught! All is well here in Albany and yes Transfer Calls are this Saturday. Quite frankly I can't believe it and have no clue as to what is going to happen. I suppose only time will tell and if we trust in the Lord there is no doubt that He will direct our paths.
We'll see if we can hit range balls today, not sure if the weather will be permitting. Thanks for all of the Birthday wishes and support. I love and appreciate you all so much and hope you have a great week!
Love,
Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment