MTC is serving in the New York Utica mission from June 2010 to June 2012. We hope to keep you updated with his latest letters, pictures and more.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Last P-Day in MTC

June 15, 2010

Hello all!

Today is Tuesday, obviously pday! It is still going fantastic here at the MTC. It is seriously still so surreal that I am even here, and just so crazy to realize in a week from this time I am out of here. In fact, yes we got our flight plans late last week. We are flying American Airlines (#3825) from SLC to Chicago at 7:10am. Then from Chicago to Syracuse leaving at 12:40 (still on American Airlines). So it has us arriving there around 3:25pm. I assume well all drive to Utica and then disperse from there! We have to meet at a place here at the MTC at 4am! haha. I am so excited its so awesome!

Well just to update briefly with what has been going on, last Tuesday Elder Hales spoke on the light of Christ and relating it to investigators and missionaries it was very very powerful awesome. Tonight is another GA fireside no idea who is speaking. Ill be sure to let you all know. (rumor around the MTC is President Monson is speaking next Tuesday with all the new Mission Presidents getting here-which would stink cuz we leave that morning!). But this past week went by so incredibly fast it is ridiculous! Elder Shurtz and I have continued to grow closer and closer and its so great to learn and teach with him through the spirit. There are so many cool things that happen here with amazing teachers and the spirit being so strong but there is one instance I want to share. On Sunday an Elder in my district Elder Rickords (glasses in the pictures) was having these weird shaking spasms during a fireside and it was pretty scary and weird. He and his companion went out to walk around in the middle. When we got back to the rooms he was still dealing with it and it wasnt good. He asked to have a blessing and wanted Elder Shurtz me his companion and two others standing in. Right before we were to start he asked me to give the blessing. Ive never given one before. It was the most incredible, powerful experience. After I sealed the anointing and pronounced a blessing upon him there is no doubt that the words that came to my mouth were not my own. The spirit was able to work through me in a way I have never before experienced. Its hard to put in words how it felt-but simply amazing. There is no doubt this is the Lords work.

We are going to the temple today in about an hour which is very exciting. Pretty sad too though considering its likely this is the last time for basically 2 years. I hope to make the most of it.I really love hearing from all of you and appreciate the letters and love - please keep them coming. (yes, I can read mail each day but not write). As to try to answer some questions from letters received this week: My district is from the West Coast. Cali, Utah, Washington, Oregon, Idaho. Elder Shurtz from WA. Ive run into so many people I know here its so fun. In addition to BYU people you wouldnt know Ive seen Elders Killpack, Owens, Terry (gilbert byu friend), many other MVT elders, etc..its such a blast.

That plan with the memory card sounds great. I have more pictures so when I get that back Ill send the one I have the next chance I get. (by the way since were flying on a Tuesday, our pday, I dont know if I can write you until the following Monday if that is pday in the mission. well see, maybe I can write letters on the plane if Im not sitting next to someone I need to get baptized). Im sleeping on the top bunk, such a blaast ha. Yes, E. Shurtz was in Helaman in May all year. I have a question what should I do with all the letters/dear elders I get? And if you could send me just a couple MTC pictures thatd be awesome! I love the pictures you sent me and Jackson looks so HUGE! Hes so awesome!

Ste, I loved playing soccer on pday, but my england friend left this morning so i doubt ill play anymore it wont be fun haa so maybe 4 square or beach volleyball now. I dont think ive gained weight, im trying to eat healthy though they dont exactly serve healthy food here all the time. ha. I would love a YC shirt. size large. very exciting thats going on. Sundays are a little more on your own (meaning with comp.) but good. You asked how the weekend went? i answer with the question, there was a weekend? its all a blur here. Ste there are japanese elders from japan going to japan here cuz the japan mtc closed and we wanted them to play soccer so we yelled konishiwa to them from way far away and they totally turned and responded, it was hilarious couldnt help but think of you. I like Take-5 candy bars or mr goodbar i suppose. I dont want to get fat though. OH please be sure to thank Kim and the girls for me for the cookies! please they were loved by all!

So what youve been wanting to hear, perhaps... Ill probably be at the airport anywhere from 6-6:45am (Utah time) and able to call sometime in there between when we get checked in and before we board. Plan for about a 5 minute conversation. ha Im very excited even though it seems like I just left! (i suppose because I did!). But write and confirm you are okay with that. I guess Ill call the house so those there can all hear. Let me know if something other than that would be better. please let me know and keep writing. obviously if you think something wont be here by the time i leave then just send it to the mission home. otherwise keep using dearelder while you can :) haha. i love you all so much and certainly miss you but there is no other place i would want to be than serving the Lord. I know this is a divine work and I am doing my best to make the most of every min. Sorry if i didnt address you directly, i got your mail and emails. love it all but simply no time. please keep writing. i love you.

Love always,

Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment